The attraction is worth visiting for its design alone, five interconnecting pods echoing fossils of the area. Once inside the Buhais Geological Park, visitors can expect model-based interactive displays that explore Sharjah’s mountains and sand dunes, and learn about the origins of the limestone mountain ranges of Jebel Buhais, and more. Visitors will also have the opportunity to examine local rocks and fossils. The facility features a ramp leading to a central hub and exhibition areas, and an outdoor trail that links the pods.
The trail incorporates viewing areas, walkways across geological sites, unusual rock formations and ancient burial grounds, and is designed to encourage visitors to explore the mountainous region.
Other facilities available at the newly opened Geology Park are an immersive theatre, a cafe with panoramic views of Jebel Buhais and a gift shop. The new facility is the latest of a slew of learning centers operated by Sharjah’s Environmental Protected Areas Authority, which aims to provide educational experiences and manage protected areas in the region.
Services provided by the park:
• Tour guide service is available in both Arabic and English.
• Presenting the documentary "Sharjah Heritage Treasure", which sheds light on the geological factors that Sharjah has been exposed to throughout the ages that shaped its mountains, plains and seas. It is a pioneering project in the field of ecotourism that aims to introduce visitors to Sharjah's geological history, and the geological importance of Mount Buhais and archaeological areas. Surrounding it.
• Facilities that serve visitors and tourists in the place such as: (a restaurant, gift shop, inquiry, mosque, children's corner for drawing and matching fossils, breaks in the geological walkway "outdoor garden", lockers in which visitors' things can be placed if necessary, so that they can enjoy and walk Around the outside garden).
• Providing events, workshops and activities for all age groups.
• Transportation service is not available.